Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I did something, I promise!


I am home, sick. The flu hit me like a ton of bricks. My DH has been struggling with it since last week, but typical male, he refused point blank to go to the doctor, so he gave it to me instead. And don't you know what? He is insisting that I go to the doctor. Can't help but laugh at male logic!

After marking those dissappointing exam papers, I just had to do something to cheer me up. I have seen these fantastic cards on several blogs lately and find them very interesting. I finally found a fantastic tutorial on The Craftiblog (http://craftiblog.wordpress.com). It is actually pretty simple to make, but it looks awesome. I have already had several people at school asking me to make them one for birthday cards, so it seems to be a hit
The papers are all from Basic Grey's Porcelain range (don't you just love them?)
My favourite stamp, coloured with my trusty Copics and glitterified (is that even a word??) with Making Memories glitter glue. The flower is a paper rose that I picked apart and the charm is from my local habberdashery. The butterfly stamps are from the box of throw away stamps from a friend. Bet you she is sorry she gave them away now! Inks are Stazon Black and ColorBox pink. The brad is from stash, can't remember who made it.



3 comments:

  1. WOWZER!!! This is extremely gorgeous!!! What a beautiful job you've done with the Tri-Shutter idea!! Very cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice card!! I love the colours and the cute litte charm :)

    Thank you SO much for your comment on my blog...I´m very happy about the fact that you become a follower of my blog *is this ungrammatical? *lol* I don´t know it, but I hope you will understand me ;)* I`m glad to meet people on my blog from all over the world.

    Lovely greetings
    Sabs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card! I love this style of card too. I have one made...just haven't had time to take pictures! I don't know if glitterified is a word but it sure is fun! Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete