Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I hate bland school stationary!

School starts tomorrow. Every year I have a journal in which I record the memorable days and moments of the year. It can be pages long or just something inspiring that I hear on the schoolgrounds, but these journals are the story of my career as a teacher. I guess the compulsion to write everything down, comes from being a language teacher!

There is nothing more uninspiring than a bland uncovered notebook! I hate them, they always make me feel like nothing I write in them could have any real value. This year I covered a black hardcover notebook.

I used papers from FabScraps, ribbon from my stash and rhinestones from Kaiser. Yet again, no purse was harmed in the manufacture of this object - it all came from my stash!

I took my journal with me to the staff meeting this morning and everybody that saw it, wanted one! So I guess I can safely say, it came out really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment