Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I am a Guest Designer at Digistamps4Joy!

Good morning everybody. Now I can tell you my exciting news. Melanie from digistamps4joy asked me to be a Guest Desibner for this challenge. I am so excited. It took for ever to decide which image to use. She keeps adding more to the store and they are just getting better and better! ( http://digistamps4joy.blogspot.com/ )
This time the challenge asked us to use something recycled on our creations. I have had this cute little box lying on my desk for a long time. One of my scrapping buddies brought the scrapping group some chocolates back the last time she went overseas and I knew that I wanted to do something with the box. I pulled it apart and covered it with pretty paper to be used as a gift box at Christmas. Then I discovered the leftovers of some wool that brings back so many memories in my mother's box of 'stuff' and I just had to use it. So, without further ado, here is my project.

I hope you like it. Isn't that giraffe just too adorable? It is so hard to find Summery Christmas images. My son keeps complaining when I make snowmen and winter scenes. Hope he is going to stop moaning now. There is another giraffe image in the shop - just as adorable - go and have a look. The images were coloured with my Copics. The fairylights were given a Stickle treatment anf the giraffe's nose and eyes were given a layer of Dimentional Glaze to make them shine. I cut the image with a Nestie. The Cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is Basic Grey.

The Sentiment was computer generated and punched with my Making Memories punch. The glittery thread is actually wool. When I was about 12 i saw this wool at a woolshop and begged my mother to please make me a top from it. She kept saying that it would scratch badly and I kept begging her. In the end she gave in and made the top. She was right, it did scratch like crazy, but I was not going to admit it, so I just had to grin and bear it! It made me smile when I found the wool in mom's box of 'stuff'.


Here is a close up of the Giraffe, hoping you can see the Stckles and the Dimentional Magic.


And this is the box after I took it apart. I am very proud that I remembered to trace around it to use as a template for later use, because I really like the size of it. Ideal for a small gift - I thought chocolate, but my DD says she thinks it would be perfect for a watch. (Do you think she is trying to tell me something?)

And finally, the finished box. I printed another image, coloured it and punched out just the head to make a tag for the box.

I hope you liked my little project. Pop over to the digistamps4joy blog and visit the design team's blogs for more inspiration.

I will be back after school with my WOYWW post (hanging my head in shame today) Have a wonderful morning.

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the box Tertia, and the wool is beautiful, even if was scratchy then, it certainly comes in handy now.
    Thank you for joining us as a GDT member on Digistamps 4 Joy blog
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and great work , i love the DP you have used on the box, congrats on your DT post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful project! And I so enjoyed reading your blog! TFS!

    ReplyDelete