Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Spidermouse Birthday and I don't know, what do you think?

Good morning everybody. The last week of the holidays is just flying past at the speed of white light. There is so much I still wanted to do, but it doesn't look like it is going to get done. Leaving just now to teach an extra lesson (What was I thinking? It sounded like a good idea when I agreed to give the lesson, but now I am not so sure. Giving up 6 hours of my holiday for free? Just because I love my girls and want them to do well in the exam? Gotta be crazy!)
I wanted to show you the party favours I made for my daughter's friend's little boy who turned 2 on Saturday. He loves Spiderman, but because Spiderman is not the latest craze, mom could not find anything in the stores. My children have this faith that their mother can do anything, so I got the call and she told me that she promised her friend that I would make something for the party and that I was on holiday anyway, so I definately wouldn't mind. How could I refuse? Only problem was - I do not own any Spiderman stamps. Then I remembered the Whiff of Joy Freebie digi of Henry Spidermouse and I knew that he would be perfect for a 2yo.

I made the party favours, using the same template I found on the WOJ tutorial blog and made a birthday card too while I was at it. The little ones loved Henry, in fact the birthday boy has asked for a mouse as a pet.
The card and boxes used Bazzil cardstock and the dp is Fab Scraps, a local company. Henry was coloured with my Copics and cut out with a Nestie, his eyes were given the dimentional glaze treatment. The ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment was hand written. Very simple, but I love the outcome.

Here is a photo of some of the boxes I made.( I know the ribbons look terrible, but the boxes still had to be filled and then tied for the last time - I did tie them neatly and cut the ends, I promise) I could not fit them all on the photo.
Now on to the next card and the 'I don't know" bit. This card uses an image by Mo Manning. I just love her fairies. My helper asked me to make her granddaughter a catd for her birthday. The instruction was that it had to be a fairy dressed in yellow and it had to be an African Fairy. Now I have never actually coloured ethnic skin, so I really battled with this one. I think there must have been about five or six that never made it onto a card but ended up in the bin. My helper loved it, but I still don't know if I like her. What do you think? Stay away from darker skin tone, or keep trying? Have you got any advice on which colours to use?

The image is Mo Manning, as I said. She was coloured with Copics and her wings were glitterified. The Cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is from a K&co paperstack. The flower, brad and ribbon is from my stash.
Have a great Tuesday and think of me. teaching in the holidays!



2 comments:

  1. Hi there
    I much prefer the "new" spiderman than the old one! Yours is so funky - the kids will go crazy! Well done!
    Best Wishes
    Maryke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly Spider man is great... in fact stunning and secondly i think you are being too harsh on the fairy colouring i think she is a honey ...xxx

    ReplyDelete