Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kenny K and 2Sketches for you Challenges

I think mr. Blogger has caught the African bug! He is on slow strike today. Took me 4 tries to upload my photo's. I have been very productive these last few days since school started. Had 8 cards to photograph today. Do you think it could have something to do with the fact that the girls are writing exams and I should be marking papers? Amazing how I just HAVE to craft when I should actually be working.
For the first card I used the challenge sketch over at the Kenny K Challenge blog (http://kennykkraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.com/) I loved working with the sketch, but I think it is the rebel in me that made me do a boy card. When I saw those flowers on the sketch, I just HAD TO replace them with buttons. The image was the first freebie I got from Kenny and I just love him. Cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is from a local company Art at heart. I coloured the image with my Copics and cut it out with a Nestie. The edges of the cardstock was punched with my Martha Stewart punch and the buttons are from my stash. The sentiment is also a freebie but I can't find the link right now, if you know who created it, PLEASE leave me a message so that I can give credit where it is due.For the next card I used the sketch at the 2s4u blog ( http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com) I am in the process of making a whole set of cards using this mini Tilda from the Spring club kit. Isn't she adorable? A lot of work to colour, glitterify and put on pop dots, but worth it I think. The cardstock is Bazzil (are you surprised?) The images were coloured with my Copics and the wings were given a generous helping of Stickles. I punched the circles and cut the scalloped circles with my Cricut Expression. Clean and simple card, but I like it very much. This is definately a sketch that I will be using again.

A close up of the Tildas. Hoping you can see the stickles on their wings.
Have a great day everybody. I am leaving you to set next weeks exams, so wish me luck, or no, maybe you should wish my girls some luck. LOL


10 comments:

  1. Very lovely cards, I like them both, nice masculine golfer card, and I like that sweet fairy image too! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Tertia, so nice of you to take part in Kenny K's challenge, good luck. Love the other card too, such a pretty yellow that and yes, we can see the glitter. hmmm, so "Miss" was playing hookey today instead of marking... okaaay, nothing wrong with that hey! Good luck to you and the girls at school for the exams. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Tertia I love how you made a boys card looks fab and I love the mini tilda thanks for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz challenge hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! love it! The sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing along with the KKKG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those fairies are the cutest:)
    you did these sketches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my!!! Those mini Tilda's are soooo cute! That yellow is divine. I Love how fresh this card looks. Great take on the sketch and so worth the work that went into it
    Thanks for playing along with us this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps....I loved the water park in Boksburg when I was a young girl..is it still there? Prob not. My family are all in pretoria :)
    Groete en dankie vir die mooi kaartjie hierdie week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these cards are beautiful Tersia!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are a rebel! LOL The boy card is adorable with the buttons. Your mini Tildas are wonderful and I love the detail you invested in this card. Turned out beautifully! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete