Sunday, July 18, 2010

Magnolia-licious free standing pop-up card

I seem to be trying all sorts of new things lately. This is my first free standing pop-up card. It was actually a lot easier to do than it looks. I made it for the Magnolia-licious challenge. The challenge was set by the lovely and talented Suzanne Dean. (http://magnolia-licioushighlites.blogspot.com/2010/07/july-2010-dt-sketch-project.html)

I used the Tilda stamp that I won in her candy for this card. The cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is Making Memories. I used my Martha Stewart punch to punch around the image. The image was coloured with my Copics and the ribbon and flowers are from my stash. I have a feeling I will be making a lot more of these cards. My granddaughters are crazy about them!

The next card was made for the Birthday club at school. The stamp is from Flowersoft. I just love that bicycle, it reminds me of one my mom had. (Hers was red though and she only rode it once! Very funny story, will tell you some day) The Cardstock is Bazzil again and the dp is My minds Eye. I just love those papers, its got glitter. Used Flowersoft for the flowers in the baskets and the ribbons are from my stash. Very simple card, but I like it.

A close up of the image, so that you can see the Flowersoft.
I am having trouble breathing the last few days, thats why I haven't been around much lately. School has also started so I am very busy too. Feeling a lot better today and hoping that the breathing will improve soon.
Have a great week everybody.


5 comments:

  1. what two lovely cards you have produced.
    The first card looks fairly difficult and fiddly, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards, must have a go at the first one soon, they look so effective...

    Hope you feel well soon
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so amazing...how do you give them away?

    Dankie vriendin vir jou liefde en jou gebede.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow!! these are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First and foremost, I hope your breathing issues are resolved. Don't want you getting sick or anything happening to you! Your stand up card is perfect! I've made these in the past and they aren't really hard to do, but produce a great card. Your flowersoft on the flowers on your second card is perfect. What a great touch! Hope you are feeling better! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete