Sunday, July 25, 2010

Random cards and thoughts.

Those of you that visit regularly will know that I am totally addicted to Mo Manning's images.Her images are just so life like and they are a pleasure to colour too! I have spent most of the little free time I had this weekend colouring her new Christmas images - cards will follow soon (I hope! LOL)
The next card was made with Bazzil cardstock and the dp is from Upikit, a local company. The pearls are from Paola. Ribbon, feather and bling from my stash. The sentiment is from a freebie set I picked up somewhere and true to form, I have lost the link. Sorry!

The next card is another freebie that I got from Mo's. Isn't she just too gorgeous for words. She reminds me of Tertia-Lee's friend Danielle. That hair is just too much - Tertia-Lee wanted to know from her mom whether she would grow hair like Danielle's if she ate more vegies. LOL Mom told her she didn't think so, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Taught my girls well don't you think?
The card uses paper from Fabscraps, another local company. Bazzil cardstock,punched with a Martha Stewart punch, Prima flowers and the image was coloured with my Copics and given a generous helping of Stickles.Two decorative pins and another one of the freebie ticket set and thats it.
Now for my random thoughts. A lot has happened in our lives recently and I am still trying to make some sense of it. Ankie has started her teaching prac and is loving every minute of teaching. So grateful to all at the school where she is for making her feel so welcome and helping her so much.
My son has been working very long days , sometimes having to be at work at 2 in the morning, trying to meet deadlines, only to be dissapointed by others who don't understand the importance of a deadline. He is fighting off a cold, which I think has more to do with a lack of sleep than anything else.
Both my older girls are pregnant and it was confirmed last week that Daniela is having a little boy. Can't wait to meet little Liam and to find out who his cousin is going to be. Karin found a job - thank you God for providing a job.
One of my best friends' father died on Friday. I am very sad and can't imagine a world without Oom Daan. Still see him walking around the neighbourhood in shorts and a T-shirt in the middle of winter. he was a very special man and will be missed.
I am in the middle of marking exams and think I might just give up on teaching all together! The girls did not open a book to study during the holidays. Either that, or I am the world's worst teacher - How do you get 14% for an exam?
Lots more happening, but they are things I am not yet comfortable talking about, so when I have thought about it some more, I will share, thats if my ramblings don't bore you to death.


4 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous! I love Mo's images too, and you do an incredible job with them. You certainly do them proud. You sure do have a lot going on in your life don't you? But that is what makes our lives so interesting and adventurous. Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tertia. When you've got a chance could you please email me on mel1@scrapbooking-scrapbook.co.za - I can't find contact info here on your blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and beautiful cards....this seem to be a addiction close to that of scrapping...so I am not going to even think of starting;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Tersia, i love 'em.

    ReplyDelete