Saturday, July 10, 2010

Secret crafter Saturday Challenge.

Lots of firsts today. First time I am taking part in the Secret crafter Saturday Challenge (http://thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com), first time ever I made an apperture card and the first time I am using one of KennyK's images (don't you just love those images? I think I might just have to buy them all! LOL) Almost forgot - its the first time I flipped a digi image on the computer. ( don't laugh, for somebody my age and with my level of computer skills, its quite an achievement!)
Here is my card. Must say, I am quite pleased with myself with this one. The image is a Kenny K digi that I coloured with my Copics. Cardstock is Bazzil and the Dp is the Bo Bunny Peacock Lane series of papers. I cut the appertures with my Making Memories circle cutter (I just knew I would use it one day!) Ribbon is from my stash and the flower is a prima rose.
Here is a view from the inside. Not a very good photo, but you get the idea. I flipped the image, coloured both and stuck them back to back so that you don't see the back of the image when you open the card,

Have a great weekend everybody, I have decided that I would much rather watch South Africa play Soccer than Rugby - at least Bafana do not embarrass us as much as the Bokke did this morning. What happened? 32 - 12 loss against the All Blacks!! No, not cool at all!
I will be rooting for Holland tomorrow! Hope they win, but then again, if Spain wins, it will not destroy me. Hoping Germany beats the cheating Urugay team tonight. Then there is still the Tour de France to watch too - I think there is going to be very little crafting today!


4 comments:

  1. Oooh well done on your firsts. I love the colours on your card (my fav's lol)

    Thank you for joining us on SCS Challenge

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really great card this all your papers are so complimentary and the flipped image is a great touch on both sides.
    Am also peeved with our effort at playing rugby..we looked like chomps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya,
    Love all your first's too...you sound alot like me when it comes to doing stuff on the PC, I am learning as I go, and get so excited when I figure something out for the first time, you should have heard me when I added a water mark to my card...lol No one was home and I was dancing around like a big kid...lol

    I think you have created a stunning card, the flip effect is so clever...I have not got that far yet, my printer decided to do the dying fly on me so have to wait till I replace it to have a go, I agree about the images from KK, I got this one myself just the other day, I think she's my favourite so far...

    Thanks for joining us at SCSC, hope you get the chance to play along again this week
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete