Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New kid on the block.

I got a message from Melanie the other day, asking me to please contact her. Didn't know what it was about, but you know me, too nosey to ignore it - well, I NEEDED to know what it was about, didn't I? Am I glad that I responded? She is opening up a new digi shop ( http://www.digistamps4joy.com/ ) and she wanted me to have a look and to try out some of the images. She has some great images and I immediately coloured some of them. There are two more waiting to go onto cards, so watch this space.
Its Ankie's birthday tomorrow and I needed a card for her. The Gwendoline image was perfect!

I used my Copics to colour her. All Cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is from Teresa Collins. The flower is from Prima and the Sentiment was a freebie from TLC - you have to visit Paulette, she must be the most generous person in the business - she offers freebies every day (yes, you read it right, freebieS EVERY day) ( http://createwithtlc-createwithtlc.blogspot.com)
This is the inside of the card. I made a pocket, because she just wanted money for her birthday this year. Of course that is not all she is getting, you have to have an actual present, don't you?

I am planning on surprising her tomorrow morning very early. You can't wake up on your birthday all alone. I took the morning off from school and I am driving through to her flat at 5 o'clock. Taking her for breakfast and then going back to school.

Have a great rest of the week everybody and remember to check out Melanie's new store and give Paulette a visit too.





5 comments:

  1. A fabulous job Tertia, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Tertia! You really did a wonderful job :) Look forward to seeing what else you do with our images

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Tertia shes fabulous, I will have to buy her I think, gorgeous card
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased to find another South African cardmaker with a blog! My blog is http://dkhdesigns.blogspot.com if you want to pop in. Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very sweet and thoughtful person you are. I know so many people that think birthdays are not such a big deal. It is so nice to know that you think they are and go out of your way to make them special! What a wonderful person. Your card is beautiful and I love the color scheme. Great job on this! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete